“Families have been bonding over S’mores as a classic summertime treat for generations,” said Anna Lingeris, spokesperson for The Hershey Company. “Now with Camp Bondfire, families can discover and share new ways to enjoy S’mores and create lasting summer memories around the fire.” It’s time to have a little family fun with Hershey’s Camp Bondfire.
During the summer months campers are encouraged to visit Camp Bondfire often for inspiring tips and activities. During the week of August 5th you can enjoy National S’mores Day and for the week of August 12th, Back to School Bondfire. #CampBondfire
For a while now we’ve been promositng Jasmine a campfire with S’mores, honestly, it’s been too hot lately to do either. Just last night my husband and I decdied we had been putting it off for too long, Jasmine had been asking daily for a campfire and S’mores, we gave in. Despite the hot humid evening weather we pulled out the fire pit and after dinner we lit a nice fire. I called my little brother over, he loves S’mores and we had our dessert outside around the bondfire.
Here are some fun S’more facts for you.
- “S’more” originated from the combination of the words “Some More” as people could not get enough of the classic combination of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate, crisp graham crackers and gooey marshmallows.
- The first printed record of the S’more recipe appeared in a Girl Scout handbook 85 years ago in 1927.
- August 10th is National S’mores Day!
- Milton Hershey introduced the first Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar in 1900.
- Americans buy 90 million pounds of marshmallows every year.
To learn more about Camp Bondfire, get weekly tips, and join the summer fun, visit Hershey’s brand Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hersheys.
My family and I had a blast sharing S’mores and licking the gooey marshmallow cream off our fingers. It was hot out but we didn’t let that stop us from enjoying some much needed family time. Once fall sets in and the weather cools a bit we are going to have more outdoor campfires.
Disclosure: This post is part of my participation in the HERSHEY’S CAMP BONDFIRE campaign. All opinions expressed are mine.